Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Valentine's Card DIY with Scripture!

We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

My two children attend a public school, and for a public school, it is relatively conservative and I am encouraged by the many Christian families we have met, but at the end of the day, it is still a public school and Jesus is given a back seat.  Our conservative elementary school still sings Christmas songs like Silent Night, but who knows when even that cherished, traditional song will be outed.  Oh how I wish things were different!  But just because the public school system cannot promote Jesus, doesn't mean my children can't.  We took advantage of Valentine's Day as an opportunity to put a little scripture in the hands of my daughter's kindergarten classmates. 


I really enjoyed making homemade Valentine's Cards with my little one.  We used packaging paper we bought at the Dollar Store, made our heart template from a cereal box, and because Leah is only five, I decided to print out the scriptue and have her sign her name.  When you fold up the heart, it will turn into a miniature envelop.  This is what ours looked like:
(It looks kind of strange since I blurred out names, faces and such for security purposes, so squint and imagine precous little faces as the stamp and legible addresses.)

For the tutorial on how to fold the heart into an envelop visit Martha Stewart at:

My son and I also had a great time spending the morning together making his homemade Valentine's box.  It took forever just two hours! I didn't quite have it in me to make 23 more Valentine's cards, so I opted to do the box with him and bought one for Leah.  Oh well!  It's just how that one went!


Seeing that I am posting this in March, Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Loved by Him,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment