Friday, May 27, 2011

Wall Vase idea

Source: Inspirations by D


Check out this tutorial over at Inspirations by D.  I love this simple way of making your own wall vase.  I even thought it would be kind of neat to stencil a tone on tone image on the wood behind the vase to give it a little more pizazz.  Now I don't know if I want to make my own wall vases out of the cylinder vases I purchased from Dollar Tree after discovering this clever idea.  Hmmm.  I guess I could still give my version a try and see if it works, and maybe make one of these for somewhere else in the house or even for the back porch. 

Below is the look I am trying to achieve (inspired by Arhaus) on a pennies budget. In the store they have several vases hung on the wall in big square grid.  The vases I bought, as mentioned, are cylinders, but the idea is the same.  Maybe I will glue nuts on the back and see if they will hold with a nail.  I saw this done with wine bottles at a friend's house.  Let the trials begin!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! I can't wait for you to help me make them for our new apartment!

    ReplyDelete